“Sly!”
‘Oh brother, here she comes again.’
“Sllllllyyyyy!!!”
‘What? Can’t you see I’m eating!’
“Come here boy! Look what I got.”
‘Haha not today sista.’
“Ugh Sly!”
‘Ooo you weren’t lying, you do have a treat! Okay I’m coming!’
“Good boy, Sly.”
Num num num, ‘sugar cubes are the greatest.’
Walking, walking, walking, every day we walk to the barn as she sings some random song. I never understand what she is saying, but it sounds pretty. At the gate, I like to step up really close to her, just to make her mad. Sometime she just shoves me back, other times I can get away with it. I also like to stop right in the middle of the gate and eat grass, only because every time she says, “move your fat butt horse.” I believe that my butt is not fat, it’s just musc

ular. Anyways after the gate we make our way into the barn, where she always ties me up in the crossties and grooms me. Most days, I stay fairly clean, but on days like today, I’m coated in mud, because when it’s rainy I love to roll in the dirt. So grooming will take extra long today, which is fine by me, it gives me extra time to snooze. She normally starts with a weird, rubber brush; apparently it’s called a curry comb. She uses this in circular, clockwise, motions all over my body. It’s really good for getting the mud chunks off. The next brush she uses is my favorite, the dandy brush. It has stiff bristles which are good for getting general dirt and hair off. It’s used in hard, short, strokes; in the direction my hair grows. Last she uses a soft bristled brush called a soft brush (someone was very original there), it’s again used in hard, short strokes, and helps get finer dust off.
By now, I’m about to fall asleep, I would have to say that grooming is my favorite part of the day, other than dinner time.
No comments:
Post a Comment