In continuation of the previous blog, this is how I recovered from my devastating loss.
I didn’t know what to do. I felt like giving up. My whole life had revolved around horses and now what? I had thoughts of giving up, letting my life slip away and recoiling myself to seclusion. I had no more purpose, no more motives in life. My parents were very supportive as well as my friends. I love them so much for helping me get through this. A good friend of mine gave me a card, which meant so much to me, I still have it today. But it wasn’t my friends or family who turned my life around and saved me from utter depression, it was my Lord. God was the one who I turned to in this time of confusion and darkness. I knew that I had two choices, to let go or to hold on to Him. I chose him. I knew that he allowed suffering for his purpose. No, he didn’t create the suffering, he hates the suffering, but he used it to make me stronger. Immediately I turned to his heart, his Word. Psalms 23:1-4 “The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside still waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in the paths of righteousness for his name sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.” I let his hand comfort my soul. I depended on him to save me, to heal my heart. “The Lord is close to the broken hearted; he rescues those whose spirits are crushed. The righteous person faces many troubles, but the Lord comes to rescue each time,” Psalms 34:18-19. It’s so true, if you let God handle these problems or situations, you will be okay. God loves us more than we can ever imagine, and he only wants the best for us. But that’s what I couldn’t understand, if God had given me the talent to ride, the love and passion for horses, why did he take mine away? Even today I don’t quite understand, but I do know that it was for my good, and it wasn’t on purpose. God didn’t cause Adam to die, it wasn’t Gods fault, so I don’t blame him, but God did allow it to happen and you know why? Because God loves me, you see, by losing something that I loved so dearly, I needed help to heal my heart. God knew that by allowing Adam to be taken away, I would run to him. He was right; I put my life in his arms. I let him guide my every move. I trusted him, I had faith. The Lord strengthened me though this awful experience. He molded me into a stronger Christian; our relationship was better than it had ever been. He drew me into his never ending love. “Yet I still dare to hope when I remember this: the faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is the faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning. I say to myself ‘the Lord is my inheritance, therefore I will hope in him!” Lamentations 3: 21-24.
Friday, October 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment