Sunday, October 25, 2009

Vet School

As I was talking about in my previous post, the decisions you make now, will affect your future. Yesterday, I went to the Equine Symposium at Iowa State University. Before that seminar, I questioned what I was going to do with my life. Where would I go to college? What would I major in? Would I go to vet school after?

These were all questions I had in my head, along with how I would prepare myself for vet school or whatever I decided to do. By going to this seminar I had a great chance to listen to some of the vets who work and teach as ISU as well as tour the large animal hospital and talk with some current vet students. The lecture was really interesting, tough it was eight hours long, I would much rather listen to them then be in school.

After the lectures, I had a great tour of the hospital. This place was amazing; it was brand new and really nice. I felt at home, I knew that this was the perfect place for me. Our tour guide was a current student so after the tour, I was able to talk to her about college and vet school. She gave me some great tips and I knew that what she was doing was what I will be doing six years from now. I am truly excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment