Friday, October 23, 2009

The Present, Past, and Future

Some days I wonder about the path I took in life. It may seem too early to be wondering about this, because honestly I haven’t done much to make my path very definite, but I can’t help think about what would have happened.

Currently I am involved in band, including marching band; which I love, horseback riding, obviously, and several other activities. Now my major question is, what would have happened if, in middle school, I had pursued show choir more and gotten good enough to make it in high school. Singing has never been my problem, it’s the dancing and truthfully, I hate it. That’s why when high school auditions came up in eighth grade, I didn’t even think about it. I knew that all my friends were trying out, but it just didn’t seem like me at the time, plus show choir would just interfere with horseback riding and band. So, I stuck to my flute and my horse. Freshman year this was great, well for the most part. I was succeeding in riding as normal, but marching band became a chore to me, I dreaded it. Yet, I make it through the season, and kept up on my riding and school work. Sophomore year was so much better. Riding and marching band again conflicted, but I was able to work things out and began to love band. Its junior year and now I’m beginning to question past decisions. Riding has always needed to be number one, which was a given going into high school. It was whether I wanted to become a band geek, or a show choir prep. Band has always been good to me, it’s been fulfilling, and looks good on a college resume. But I can’t help wonder, what would of happened if I did show choir or even a sport instead. Cross country would be so much fun to do, but that just wouldn’t work with riding. Then show choir, it’s such a big commitment, I don’t know how I would have done that and riding!

It seems silly to look back, because it is all water under the bridge now, but it’s interesting to wonder how my life could have been different. Would I have stuck with riding if I decided to go the show choir route? If I didn’t, what would I have done after college? It’s funny how the smallest decisions make the biggest impact on your life. This is why I have had to trust God in all this because only he can see the big picture, and today it points to a future in horses.

No comments:

Post a Comment