The AP Language and Composition Exam. Probably the most nerve wracking test I’ve taken in a long time, a very long time. It consisted of a fifty-five multiple choice questions where you had to read several essays and answer questions about tone, style, and basic reading comprehension. In class we took several practice tests, and I continued to do better and better each time, making my feel fairly comfortable about this part of the test. It was the essays I wa
s worried about.
There were a total of three essays. A synthesis essay was the first, where you are given various sources about a topic and you have to discuss and give an argument for a statement. The topic was about technology in schools and what should be thought about before updating student’s technologies. The second essay consisted of a letter written by a slave in the Civil War era; he wrote to Jefferson to remind him of his hate for slavery and that change needed to occur. After reading the essay I had to analyze the rhetorical strategies used by the author and how it improved the effectiveness of his essay. Finally, the last essay was a, defend, argue or qualify essay, in which you read a statement and had to chose a side and exemplify your point. This statement was about the role of humorists in society. People such as cartoonists, comics ect.
The essay portion was the most nerve wracking because I’ve never been much of a writer. I felt like this year, and our in-class essays have prepared me a lot, but I was still nervous. After I got into the groove of writing, it got easier and I feel like I did a pretty good job. :)
s worried about.There were a total of three essays. A synthesis essay was the first, where you are given various sources about a topic and you have to discuss and give an argument for a statement. The topic was about technology in schools and what should be thought about before updating student’s technologies. The second essay consisted of a letter written by a slave in the Civil War era; he wrote to Jefferson to remind him of his hate for slavery and that change needed to occur. After reading the essay I had to analyze the rhetorical strategies used by the author and how it improved the effectiveness of his essay. Finally, the last essay was a, defend, argue or qualify essay, in which you read a statement and had to chose a side and exemplify your point. This statement was about the role of humorists in society. People such as cartoonists, comics ect.
The essay portion was the most nerve wracking because I’ve never been much of a writer. I felt like this year, and our in-class essays have prepared me a lot, but I was still nervous. After I got into the groove of writing, it got easier and I feel like I did a pretty good job. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment