Thursday, May 6, 2010

Too Much

This week has been so insanely busy. AP exams. Flute Choir. Schooling at Catalpa Corner. Large Group Contest. Kids Against Hunger.

So much going on, its overwhemling! Tomorrow is my first AP exam. US History. I feel prepared enougn, but I know I could of spent a few extra hours studying. Its a bit late now, I have a practice test today in class, and I'm not sure how well I'll do. I'm not nervous, because I feel like I've done the best I could in order to be ready. The essays will be easy, as long as I know some facts about the topics, and the multiple choice...well I've taken five practice tests already, so I don't know how else to prepare for that.

Next week will be the AP Language and Compitision exam. I feel comfortable with that, since I did well on our last in class essay. I think that only way I'll study for that is to continue to review the vocabulary, thats my weakness.

Along with the all so stressful AP exams, I have a flute choir that I'm involved in. We are getting ready to play at the Iowa Band Masters Convention in Des Monies, on May 14th. Now, we will be preforming in front of hundreds of band directors, all of which will be thinking, "my flutes could do better than them", and at this point that may be true. Margaret, our director is freaking out. She feels like we are crunched on time, and won't be ready. Haha, story of my life.

At this point, in everything I'm involved in, everyone is crunched on time. I can't seem to fit it all in or getmy priorities right. My mom was not happy with me for volunteering last night at the Kids Against Hunger Campaign at church. I was fine, though, it didn't make a difference whether I went of not, because the AP Exam is tomorrow, and last minute studying won't make a difference.

I guess, all in all, I have to tough it out and to the best I can to make everyone happy. But why should I bother making everyone else happy if I'm not happy? Its my life right? My mom doesn't seem to understand that. I want to do whats important to me. Of course I'll keep up on my studies and I don't plan on flunking my exams, but I will do better if I'm not stressed out.

Oh well thats life.

No comments:

Post a Comment