Thursday, April 22, 2010

Shopping Day

So I need something to blog about. I can't figure out what though. Today I went shopping with my cousin and boyfriend. I was looking for an outfit to wear to a National Honor Society Induction Ceremony. Ugh, what an exasperating process. I ended up buying nothing! Except a mother’s day gift for my mom…but other than that, neither I nor my cousin found anything! Now, she had an easier outfit to find, all she needed was a simple formal skirt and top, for an interview. But that was an even more horrid process.

We started at the mall, since I was hungry and hadn’t had lunch yet. Then our search began. First stop was Maurice’s. They have the cutest clothes ever! But, not what I was looking for, and Lauren was being really picky. So next stop was Express. I love their clothes too, but they are a bit out of my price range. At Younkers we were sure we would find something, again no such luck. We found a few dresses that were nice, but none of them fit right. And a couple skirts with a cute pattern, but once I got it on, hah it was grannyish. So, we headed across the street to Kohl’s. I knew we could find something there and we did! But, every skirt they had was a large or extra large…my cousin and I are not large people. In fact we are stick skinny, therefore we had a major problem. So, in desperate measures we went to Old Navy. They are less formal, so it didn’t help Lauren much, but I found a variety of cardigans that will be perfect once I find a skirt to go with! Since we had absolutely no luck, we went to Target. Again nothing.

What started out as a fun day of shopping with my two favorite people in the world, ended in a depressing failure. Lauren and I are going again tomorrow. Hopefully being more open-minded will help us find something, anything…

No comments:

Post a Comment