Sunday, April 4, 2010

Job Shadowing Day 3

Another day at the clinic! This one not as exciting as the rest, but still very beneficial!

It was another day of calls, and beforehand Megan and I prepped the vaccines, then off I went with Dr. Chris.

Today we went to a smaller farm, a private place with about 7 horses, if I remember correct. It was the same as the day before. Megan and I handed Dr. Chris vaccines when she needed then, as she chatted away with the owner of the barn. Various topics came up such as the condition of her older pony, her daughters in 4-H, and their family Lawn Care Company. After vaccines were completed, we let the horses out of their stalls and chatted near the pasture fence while they raced around. The big event of the day was the horses running around. It ended up being a game of tag, stop and eat, then run and chase the old pony again. We felt bad for the poor guy, but dang he could keep up with the rest of them! At one point they all came to the fence we were near, and ate some hay left for them. Sporadically, they burst into a dead run, spraying mud behind them. Unfortunately for the viewers (us), we were the ones to get sprayed. I mean, it was ALL OVER! Well, all over me at least. I got the worst of the mud bath; covering my face, my jacket, and splotches in my hair! Haha, it was fun thought, Dr. Chris and Megan had a good laugh, along with Dr. Kirk when we got back to the clinic. Dr. Chris made it even more interesting when Dr. Kirk asked what happened to us, she said we got stuck in the mud and I had to PUSH! Haha, it was so funny, because he thought she was serious (it’s really hard to tell when Dr. Chris is being sarcastic, at least it is for me).

Over all, I love my muddy jobs at the vet clinic! I absorb so much out of everything they do and I can’t wait to spend my summer there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment